A Freelance Graphic Designer works to an agreed-upon brief in order to create a design solution with visual impact for their clients. Usually, they run their own small business, or may work on a contract for a set period of time.
Employment LevelsThere are currently 56 600 people employed in roles similar to Freelance Graphic Designers in Australia. According to the Department of Employment, over the next 5 years (up until the year 2018) there will be 8 400 more job openings within this profession.
Employment by StateThe majority of people in roles similar to Freelance Graphic Designers are employed in NSW. There are a higher proportion of Freelance Graphic Designers in VIC than the average for all occupations, while the population in the ACT is close to the national average.
Gender SplitThis industry is slightly male-dominated. 56.3% of Graphic and Web Design Workers are male, and 43.7% are female.
Age BracketsThe median age for people in roles similar to Freelance Graphic Designers is 33 years. Freelance Graphic Designers are 7 years younger than the average age for workers in all occupations.
Hours WorkedPeople in roles similar to Freelance Graphic Designers work an average of 40.4 hours a week. This is 0.7 hours less per week than the average for all occupations.
Education LevelThe majority of workers employed in similar professions to Freelance Graphic Designers hold a Bachelor degree. Another 26.4% hold an Advanced Diploma or Diploma as their highest qualification.
Freelance Graphic Designer Duties & Tasks
- Come up with visual solutions for communication problems.
- Put together proposals for meetings with clients.
- Gather information and materials in order to meet the brief's guidelines.
- Prepare rough draft of design concepts for approval.
- Use images, text, colour, fonts and other design elements to complete the final product.
- Review final projects before printing or release.
- Liaise with external printers in order to meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Fully functional multi-currency cryptocurrency exchange script php by Merkeleon